Friday, May 27, 2011

Aree the Beast Three Weeks Later

Yes the beast...let me explain. The first 2 days we kept her in the house, bad idea! We got no sleep. Between barking, crying or scratching her fabric kennel I  woke up to walk her at least 4 times. I seriously felt like we had a baby. By the third day we knew we had to by her an outdoor kennel, which she now calls home (thank you IFA). We are also teaching Aree to be house trained. So hard. Next animal has to be house broken-PERIOD.
After a lot of accidents we borrowed a friends carpet cleaner and shampooed the carpets. Just five minutes after letting her in she goes the bathroom. Shoot me, Shoot me now!
Two other things blog worthy... I let Aree in the house and she was eating something. She wouldn’t give it to me so i put my hand in her mouth and pulled it out-sure enough it was a cat turd. It was and i fighting a piece of poo out of the dogs mouth. :(((
Then just last weekend I was gardening with Aree and she was barking up a storm. Finally I called her to me and she had a big bird in her mouth. Grosssss!
At this point I'm thinking a baby would have been easier (In some ways :) ).

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha yep! I know the feeling! Puppies are a pain in the neck, but oh so cute!!! I wanna see a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you guys are getting practice for when you have kids ;) Hope Aree gets a little easier for you guys so you can get some sleep

    ReplyDelete